Wednesday, December 9, 2015

What To Eat When You Lack Time or The Patience To Cook



If you're like me you maybe lacking the time or even the desire to get in the kitchen some days and cook. However if you still want to eat healthy this can be a tricky thing.

What I've discovered is there are quite a few meals that I can put together on the fly with minimal effort and feel good about every bite I put into my mouth because it is healthy.

Here's my list of meals that meet my needs of being quick, easy, and healthy...Let me know which you enjoy!

  1. Oatmeal- quick oats are my favorite I pour it in a bowl add water pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes and boom I have healthy carbs, protein and minimal fat all the ingredients of a healthy diet!
  2. Chicken breast tenders- I like to buy the raw chicken breast tenders because they're already cut, so that's one less step I have to do as oppose to using whole chicken breast. I season and place them on my George Foreman Grill for about 3-5 minutes and done- it don't get no quicker than that! Add some leftover veggies from the night before and I'm good.
  3. Peanut butter rice cakes- I absolutely love these. Give me two lightly salted rice cakes with some natural peanut butter or PB2 if I'm short on calories that day ;) and I'm a happy girl!
  4. Tuna and avocados- when I'm on my no cook blast this seems like a really quick fix for me. Tuna in bowl, avocado in, and a little Miss Dash and DONE!
  5. Zucchini and chicken taco bake- Since I'm all about quick assembly this fits right in. Dice the veggies, add left over chicken breast or Tyson's pre-cooked chicken in a casserole dish and taco seasoning a little water bake and then top with reduced fat cheddar, it's a quick dinner and it's delicious.
I hope you find this helpful. I'd love to know what some of your quick healthy go to meals are...post them below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment